Bob Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lull in the Action

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lull in the Action Empty Lull in the Action

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:20 pm

James had given them a day, but now he was curious. He returned to the throne room, politely ignoring all convention and the current guy whining about some sort of contractural debate again as he approached the throne, bowing. "Excuse me, your highness, but I was wondering if your Seeress had made any progress with the waters?"

The man who had been complaining stared at him in shock, suprised that such a beggar had DARED to interrupt HIS righteous complains about the mercentile guild charter!

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://ueeadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lull in the Action Empty Re: Lull in the Action

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:27 pm

The queen looked to the young monk. "What can I do for you James?" she inquired, looking pleased to move on to another topic.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 pm

"I was wondering what our next move was." He looked over at the man next to him, smiling. "I beg your pardon for interrupting sir, but I feel that my needs are more pressing at the moment."

The man fumed in impotent anger before turning and flouncing out. It was a good flounce too. The man looked something like a turkey on a trampoline, so he could flounce like a champion.

"I was wondering if any progress had been made in finding where our team has to go next."

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:39 pm

"I believe mourgra has come up with something she should be along shortly" then as though on que Mourgra came hobbling into the room muttering to herself as usual

"Of all the blasted place on this plane, the desert of the damned!" she slammed a map down on a large table and spread it opened. "Not even sure where, but I do know how to find out."
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:40 pm

He blinked, coming over. "Really?" He looked at the map with a small feeling of dread. The desert of the damned?

Greaaaaaat....

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:46 pm

"indeed. west, at least five days trip from here, Not a pleasant one either. It wont be where the staff is but, the anubites are sure to know something that can help you." she pointed to an unmarked location east of the city.

Last edited by bobcabbit on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:50 pm

He nodded slowly. "The Anubites? This looks like a long journey. We will not be able to make this without any sort of assistance..." He said slowly, thinking about his friends.

If he didn't get some form of assistance, he was sure that they would just steal it, so it was best to just get some...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:09 pm

assistance? Well I suppose we could provide you with something, after all, the trip will be an arduous one. Perhaps we can loan you a few of our sand skiffs if you need transport and of course some supplies." mourgra was stroking her chin in thought.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 pm

He nodded slowly. "We should probably bring enough food and water for two weeks." He said, folding his arms. "Anything else we will need? Also, we will need a map, if possible a pilot, and I would personally like some more information about both the Anubites and what we are looking for." He said seriously, looking at the queen.

If they were going to save the world, they'd bloody well need the supplies to do it!

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:54 pm

"I'm sure we can work something out. we'll provide transportation and two weeks worth of supplies. Our maps I'm afraid are slightly out of date, since anyone entering the desert as of late seems to have the bad habit of not coming back. However we do know the anubites are directly east of the city, Ill also see if I can get you some more information on them." the queen gestured and two attendants left the room.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm

He nodded slowly. "...all right. Thank you very much. I will go and do some research on them then..." He bowed politely to her, and turned to leave.

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:49 pm

**In the library**

James looked around, mildly nervous. He had to find another person to help him, again. Hopefully, he didn't have to deal with the same person too much...he had not liked the attitude of the person from the last time. Nevertheless...he needed information on the Anubites so...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlin Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 pm

Hearing someone come in the cheetah looks down from a massive tower of books. Sighing softly the cat puts the book back and floats back down to traveler. He looks like he is floating on a massive tome that sinks into the floor as it reaches the cold stone. "Welcome back sir. What can I do for you." The feline face carries a fake smile and blank stare.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 pm

James inwardly groaned. Weren't there more librarians? Ah well. "Thank you." He said politely. "I am seeking information on the Anubites this time. We are going to be travelling into the Desert of the Damned. I'm hoping to know about them before we go out there and do anything stupid..."

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Merlin Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:09 pm

"Okay stick close." The lithe frame stepped closer to the human and snapped his finger, and with a short shudder another giant tome rose from the ground and carried the both of them through the library. "Okay sooooo," he paused as his paw reached out and grabbed a tomb. "Here is first the account of Ambrosia approaching the marruspawnto transform them into the anubites." The tome sped quickly along and into a section with many different scrolls some looking ancient. Again the paw quickly reached out and snached another item from the shelf. "Here is a map of Desert of the Damned, but be warned the desert changes constantly and that map is very old." The tome sped up again and entered a section of the library with piles and piles of parchement. The tome slowly sank back down and to the floor which the cat stepped off of. He approached one and began to sift slowly through it. "And to help finish you off I'll find the manual on the anubites and their culture and heritage.

Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:34 pm

He stared at all the material. "..." Holy. Crud. Isn't this why they paid librarians? He heaevd a sigh and nodded. "Thank you." He said sincerely. "This will...take some time to go through but it should be helpful at least..."

He walked outside and sighed, looking at the stuff underneath his arm.

Joy...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 pm

The cheetah snapped his fingers and the monk instantly appeared outside the library. The young monk was frustrated, there was a lot of information to go through. Just as he was about to sit down and read it, a pile of books turned the corner. Not like most of the other moving books associated with this library, it was obvious that this particular pile of moving books was being carried by someone.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 pm

He stared slightly. "...uhm. Hello?" He asked the moving book pile, a bit curious about it.

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

At that moment the book pile stopped and slowly a small black nose squirmed it's way out from under one of the books. Soon it turned into a gray muzzle and then two eyes "Oh! hello" said a young gray wolf her face now fully visible "who might you be?"
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:05 pm

He bowed politely at the young wolf. "I'm James Orestin, a monk...I'm pleased to meet you." He said, straightening up and smiling at her politely. He seemed a bit...ragged to be a monk...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 pm

"oh you're the one who's going to stop the world devourer! How delightful to meet you! I bet you're here to find out about the anubites" She set down the pile of books and smiled politely at him.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 pm

He nodded, pointing to the pile under his arm nervously. "Ah...yes...and well...the librarian wasn't much help...or rather he was too much help..." He smiled wryly. He was a monk, not a librarian...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:33 pm

"I just so happen to be an expert on them, lets see. they were found about two thousand years ago. Started out as a rather violent race still is to this day in some sections, but the one you will be visiting are now peaceful. A long time ago queen Ambrosia approached their leader not much is known about what happened after that, but is for the most part believed she challenged him to a duel, because after that day they switched from a Patriarchal to a matriarchal society and began worshiping the god Anubis. They also changed their name from Marruspawn to Anubites. Since then we have been trading with them and enjoying the all around peace." she was now pacing back and forth.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:40 pm

He nodded, watching her. "...I see. So if we approach them and state that-" He stopped. Given his party mates...would it REALLY be a good idea to say that they represented the queen's interest...?

Probably not actually.

"...state that we are the travellers, they should be fairly amenable to us?"

He would have to approach the leaders in private, come to think of it....he really didn't want to embarress Anthropolis...

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:45 pm

"this particular group yes, though I will warn you there are more violent sects of their race out there, who love nothing more then to tear apart caravans and such so do be careful." she smiled "Anything else?"
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum