Bob Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robbing those bitches.

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Robbing those bitches. Empty Robbing those bitches.

Post  Roderick Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Roderick walked leisurely through the marketplace, his boot heels dragging a little in the dust as he moved.

"So what're we doing here, Spook?" he asked, looking around the marketplace.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Robbing those bitches. Empty Re: Robbing those bitches.

Post  Luke Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Akechetka walked along with both hands in his pockets and the brim of his headdress pulled low to keep the sun from his eyes.

"Well I've been thinking about this whole saving the world bit they got us on. I mean, I'm not much for volunteer work, but if something's gonna destroy the whole damn thing... I'm not much interested in the afterlife just yet either, y'know?"

He eyed the wears in a few market stalls as they passed.

"So regardless of where we go there are a few essentials right? I've got this mental list going. I need to sell this composite we found, and maybe my longbow too if I can find a decent short bow. And of course go window shopping while we're out."

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 pm

"We can't let something destroy the world, there's still so much to... acquire." he said with a shake of his head, palming an pair of apples as they walked past the stand (slight of hand 21). Tossing the Goblin one of the two, he took and bite and smiled.

It was a bit of a tart apple, with a nice yellow skin, and a beautifully crisp snap with the first bite. The juice dribbled slightly, and he licked his hand.

"and I agree, we need to find somewhere poorly watched to get some... spare change." he said with a wry grin, taking another bite.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Ahead, Akechetka could see a bower doing the characteristic slow work of carving a bow. This one was from a single piece, possibly yew. The bower had a lot in common with his wares. He was aged and thin, with thin hands and long dexterous fingers. He might have been an elf but the long white fu manchu mustache suggested he was only half. That wasn't what was important though. The goblin pointed the bower out to his human companion and started that way.

"You're better at this shit," he said handing him the two bows they meant to try to sell. The goblin just wasn't very skilled in dealing with merchants. His tribe had only traded with outsiders, never within the tribe. It was basically the chieftain's duty so he hadn't ever really paid much attention. He hadn't realized how much more important the skill was to these pinkskins. He might consider learning but he'd rather avoid talking to them if he could. Something about those blunt rounded teeth they had disturbed him. They were like horses or something.

Last edited by Akechetka on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Roderick pulled on the string of the composite bow. It was stiff, and unyielding, like an apple tree in the sternest winter winds. Unlike the apple tree, however, this thing didn't seem to have deliciousness growing from it. With a soft sigh, bopped the top of Spooks hat with the bow softly. "Y'know, one day I'm not gonna be there when you need to hock your extras." he said, shaking his head.

Walking up to the bower, he smiled wide and spread his arms in friendly greeting. "Why hello there good sir. I see you're a Bower by trade. Lucky me that I was looking for just such an individual to buy some bows I picked up by happenstance. Shall we say... four hundred gold for this composite, and 75 for the regular?"

< Mod Request >
Diplomacy Check
Bower (Expert 3) +6 skill + 2 indifferent

Roderick (GMg1) +3cha +18 roll = 21
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Mediator Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:28 pm

OOC:
Diplomacy roll for Bower check: 8+8 bonus=16

Mediator
Webmaster
Webmaster

https://ueeadventures.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:39 pm

The old man bent closer, inspecting the workmanship of the composite bow, and recognised it as one of his own. A bow he had sold only days before to a young priest. There was something on the bow that told the old man that the seller wasn't the one who killed the poor boy, however. dull scratches showed that it was a creature that did so.

"Aye, that'll be fine lad." He said quietly, handing a sack of coins to the young seller, and placed the bow back to where it sat originally. Truly a shame to have its history blemished so, but sometimes these things can't be helped.

----------------

Roderick walked back to his waiting goblin friend, his hand in the purse. "Handling fee." he stated bluntly, a wry grin on his face as he showed the goblin that he was taking 40 gold before tossing him the bag.

435gold to Akechetka
40 gold to Roderick
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Akechetka eyed the bag of coins greedily, watching as Roderick took his relatively small share. He took the bag and gave it a small shake. 435, sounded right. There was something about the weight of gold in his hand, it was soothing and exciting at the same time.

"Eh, if you disappear I'll find myself a more proper henchman." He started walking again, this time keeping his eyes open for any loose items, cheap locks, that sort of thing.

Last edited by Akechetka on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:41 pm

"Oh come on Spook, we both know you're MY henchman." He said with a laugh, patting him on the back as they started walking down the street. Biting into his half eaten apple, Roderick smiled as he thought of a plan.

"Hey Spook, you know how you want a rifle? Well, we're gonna need a bit o' powder for that..." he hinted, elbowing the smaller Goblin.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

Powder... the wheels in the garruk's mind set to work. 'Powder is alchemy. Alchemy is gobber work. Gobber's like dark alleys and loud machines...'

Akechetka took a turn down an alley between two tall buildings. "Wait here." He jumped up to an overhang and began climbing the building, making his way to a third floor after a couple minutes. He could see most the city from this roof, and more importantly the billowing black clouds of industry.

Once he'd spotted them his ears curved forward a bit, focusing on the sounds of industry. Back on the street that's what would lead them there. Now that he had a general direction to go he hopped back down from floor to floor until he was back in the alley next to Roderick.

"This way," he said, waving his hand.

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:20 am

"Lead the way, my gobber friend." he said, waving in the direction he had indicated, and grinned. There was a lot of smoke coming from that way. He was certain he could find a smithy to work at there too.

"Any idea how we can... acquire the amount we'll need? 'Cuz a good case sounds like the best route."
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:00 am

"About that whole gobber thing... I am Garruk. I'm as much a gobber as you are a chimp." Akechetka was meanwhile dodging in and out of the foot traffic.

The sky was getting darker. They were close. He saw a few signs, Alchemist, Gunsmithy, and a few powder shops. Just ahead there was a large circle with a steamworks on one side and an array of shops going around the outside. Three roads met here and there were some benches by a fountain in the center of it all. Seemed like a good place to plan. They could read all the store signs from there.

Akechetka sat on one of the signs most of them were in english, it looked like there were only two dedicated gunpowder producers. So which one has the weakest locks?

"You wanna try left or right first? We can compare prices."

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:48 am

An Hour Later
---------------------------------

Meeting Spook back at the head of the street, Roderick yawned a little. He felt tired, and thought about it for a moment, then guessed it was a sugar drop from the heat. Pulling a small red apple from his pocket, he sank his teeth into the smooth, waxy skin. The juice had a sweet taste, though a slightly tart taste was left in his mouth after swallowing. It begged to have another taste of its sweet, luxurious center.

"Marvelous..." he murmured, looking up from the apple to his companion. Swallowing the mouthful a bit prematurely for his own tastes, he greeted Spook. "So I found a decent mark. No visible security, healthy amounts, big warehouse, neigh non-existent security, if any at all from what I could see."
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:58 am

Akechetka on the other hand returned with other tools of the trade, specifically a found pry bar and a few sacks for hauling off the loot. He had them slipped into his bag for the time being.

"Good, good. So usual plan? Go in, make a purchase, come back later and get a refund?"

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:09 am

Roderick grinned, rubbing his chin thoughtfully as he considered the possibilities. It was true that he'd lost his touch with picking locks, so the pry-bar was a good Idea. Sacks for loot are always a good Idea, and from what he could tell, there was a lot of thieve-able things there.

"We'll do that then."

He bit his apple, and strode back towards the mark. The plan was loose, rough, and prone to mess up. Just like an old-girl at the brothels. Those are usually the most fun.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 am

The two men walked into the store. "Evening gentlemen, have a look around I'll be with ye in a minute." said the badger behind the counter. he was examining some fancy gun through a magnifying glass mounted on a mechanical arm attached to the table.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:42 am

Akechetka looked around the shop, taking note of display cases and more importantly the location of the powder. There were some other nice items though...

<Spot Checks for any kind of security = 15+4=19>

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 am

Roderick walked swiftly through the shop, letting his companion gather the information on layout and security. He was more intent on getting the location of any sort of lock boxes, and dealing with the shopkeeper.

"No rush." He told the man, glancing around for objects of worth. "We're just here for a riflemans Pound."

< Spot Check 20+1=21 >
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 am

(security seems rather light, just the man you see before you. No telling what may show up after hours though.)

(the store seems full of valuables. notably the lock box on the counter seems to be fore his earnings. As well as the large storehouse attached to the shop in the back.)

The man glanced up from his work, "powder eh?" he said eying the man intently "think I got just what you need." The badger hopped off the stool he was working on, grabbing the lock box he walked into the back.

Last edited by bobcabbit on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:09 am

The goblin waited patiently. The box he took with him must be valuable to some degree, they'd have to keep on eye on where it went.

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 am

Bells rang in Rodericks' head. That was what they were looking for, he was certain of it. That box would certainly contain whatever take the man had so far that day, if not more. Merchants were generally a predictable lot that way. He grinned, and dug out his purse. A little gold now would certainly lead to more down the road.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:52 am

The badger came out of the room a short time later. "There ye go, one rifleman's pound. That'll be 50 gold," he stated placing the small barrel on the counter near the gun he was working on.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Roderick Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:08 am

Digging out the gold, Roderick dropped the sum in a little pile on the mans table. He was fully intent on making sure the lock box was the till, but the powder quality was also important, so he pulled his bayonet from it's sheath, and rapped the top of the keg with the handle.

"Sounds about right. You carry anything else that's interesting?" he asked, unshouldering his pack and carefully slipping the keg into it.
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Akechetka continued his subtle investigation of the main room, eying the door the badger had just come through.

<Spot check on to see if it has a lock 3+4=7 Sad >

Luke
Webmaster
Webmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  bobcabbit Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:29 am

(it's a DOOR!!)

"got some explosive kegs I got in a trade from some dwarven miners. Sell um to ye for 400 gold a keg." he said patting the counter.
bobcabbit
bobcabbit
Dungeon Mastah
Dungeon Mastah

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum