Bob Quest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rodericks Shameless Smithing, Stories to Craft by.

Go down

Rodericks Shameless Smithing, Stories to Craft by. Empty Rodericks Shameless Smithing, Stories to Craft by.

Post  Roderick Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:28 am

Roderick wandered at a leisurely pace through the crowded city. It was another hot, and mildly uncomfortable day, and he found the whole place abustle with trade. Taking a bite out of his sweet red apple, he pondered where to go next when a thought crossed his mind. He was trying to save the world. But not only that, his goblin companion was also involved.

He found it strange that Spook would be one of the heroes. The two of them were con men, plain and simple. How they ended up being in the group would likely elude him for the rest of their days.

Enough of this reflection. I have work to do. he thought to himself, tossing his apple core into a waste receptacle outside of the shop.

Above the door hung a sign, twin pistols crossed. There was no mistaking the Iconography. This was the sort of place he was looking for. The sort of place were delicate woodworking met clockwork. The sort of place where the ring of the blacksmiths hammer was almost uncommon.

A gunsmith.

He slipped into the surprisingly well lit shop, and noticed a number of rifles the walls around him, and several pistols inside display cases. Matchlocks, flintlocks, Longarms, even the odd military grade rifle. All fine examples of the smiths work.

There was a young man behind the counter, Much younger the Roderick, and too young to make much more then the most basic parts of a weapon. Must be an apprentice, or just a shopkeeper.

"Good afternoon sir, I see you know a thing or two about guns, judging by the weapon at your side. the young man chirped in. His doldrums must have just be alleviated by Rodericks prescience. "Do you know what you're looking for, or do you need some help selecting?"

"I'm looking for the Shopkeeper, if he's available. I need use of his equipment."

The young mans face darkened a little. Disappointment must have been a little crushing. He suspected that there was few customers at this time of day. Admittedly, it was damnably hot.

"Yes sir, right away, sir." he said dejectedly, slumping a little and wandering through a door into the back. In barely a moment a great bellows from further into the shop hit Roderick rather forcefully.

"WHAT'RE YOU DOING? IDIOT! MIND THE SHOP!"

Chuckling, he watched the poor boy slink his way back behind the desk, and look to Roderick in embarrassment. "He's in the workshop if you'd like to speak with him."

Nodding thoughtfully, Roderick pulled an apple from his coat pocket and set it on the counter. "As a thanks. Now keep outta trouble." he teased a little, and slipped through the door to where the Smith was working.

The bear of a man, literally, stood near what looked like a series of carved rifle stocks, all finely inlaid with bronze and gold. He turned from the work he was doing, and snorted loudly, a little spittle visible in the air as the dust turned up.

"So you are the one that distracted my apprentice from his duties, huh? What do you want, Human? I have much work to finish today." his demeanor was gruff, and his great ursine hands were missing much hair, burn scars replacing them. A truly skilled smith.

"I'm new in town, and can't afford a shop of my own." he explained, motioning offhandedly to his sidearm. "This thing packs a wallop, but I need something with a better kick" he went on.

The old bear just nodded quietly, listening, and motioned back to the door he had entered through. "Get a rifle then. Long grade is enough kick to drop a big scorpion at 150 feet. The huge bear brushed him off, turning back to his woodwork. Roderick was undeterred though.

"Too big, too hard to use close up." he said, shaking his head. "I need to personally do some custom work."

"Look, I know what I want to do, I just need use of your shop. I'm willing to pay 20 gold for 4 days."

<Roderick DIPLOMACY (18+3=21) VS Smith DIPLOMACY (5+2+0+6=13)>

Huffing gruffly, the big smith nodded and motioned to the workspace.

"just keep out of my way."

Craft DC 20 (Roll 18 + 6 craft = 24)
Weapon Created : Double barrel Military Pistol
Craft DC 20 (Roll 15 + 6 Craft = 21)
Weapon Created : Military Grade Rifle
Roderick
Roderick
Gun Slut
Gun Slut

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum